Saturday, July 30, 2011

Vettel praises team for all-nighter

Sebastian Vettel said tweaks made to his car overnight were the key to him taking pole position at the Hungarian Grand Prix on Saturday.

Vettel's Red Bull team broke the FIA-imposed mechanics' curfew on Friday night in order to make some major setup changes to the car in time for Saturday morning practice. Each team is allowed to break the curfew four times in a season and Vettel said his mechanics extra work had made all the difference.

"I think it was a very good session for us, and generally after yesterday when I think these boys [McLaren] were a little bit quicker than us, it seems like we have done the right thing and I felt much more comfortable this morning," he said. "Q1 and Q2 were just about getting through to the next section of qualifying, and I'm very pleased with the results. We changed a lot of things on the car overnight and the boys were working pretty hard without much sleep, but I think if we have a result like this today it is the best way to say thanks."

He also appeared upbeat about his chances in Sunday's race after his worst result of the season in Germany one weeek ago.

"I'm very happy and as I said I've got the confidence back," he said. "Today I felt much more comfortable in the car and now I'm looking forward to tomorrow."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

  • Email
  • Feedback
  • Print
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment