Saturday, July 30, 2011

Button positive for the race

Jenson Button is feeling positive ahead of Sunday's Hungarian Grand Prix after his best qualifying performance in five races.

The McLaren driver will start from third behind team-mate Lewis Hamilton and Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel on pole position. He said he was happy with the session after four consecutive races staring on the third row or worse.

"All in all, I guess I'm pretty happy with P3," he said. "I'll start from the clean side of the track, and I'm feeling very positive about the race.

"To be honest, qualifying has been a bit of an issue for me recently - and, although I relish attacking any circuit in an effort to make up places on a Sunday afternoon, I guess you're always going to be playing catch-up if you start much farther back than the first two rows. So, this weekend, it's nice to be in a position to drive for a win from the outset, and that's definitely what I'll be attempting to do tomorrow."

Button was 0.209s off Vettel's pole position time and he reckons he could challenged for the top spot with a perfect lap.

"After a lap that was as close to pole as mine was today, you always catch yourself thinking that there must have been a little bit here or a little bit there that would have been enough to bridge the gap, which was just two-tenths this afternoon, but to be fair to myself I actually think I drove a pretty decent quali-lap."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

  • Email
  • Feedback
  • Print
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment