Thursday, July 28, 2011

Di Resta and Heidfeld disagree

Paul di Resta for the first corner incident which ruined both of their races in the German Grand Prix.

Heidfeld ran in to the side of di Resta, spinning the Force India and relegating him to the back of the field. Heidfeld was handed a drive-through penalty by the stewards but was unable to serve it as he had already retired following contact with Sebastien Buemi. Di Resta feels that he deserves an apology, but Heidfeld says it was a racing incident and that he wasn't spoken to when di Resta ran in to the back of him in the Canadian Grand Prix.

"For me you have to live with what you get in terms of what the stewards decide," Heidfeld told Sporting Life. "It was a racing incident, I'm okay with them penalising me, and so there is no special reason why I've not said anything to him. In Canada people thought he crashed into the back of my car, and rather than apologising, he blamed me. So why should I go and apologise? It's just racing. Life goes on."

Di Resta, however, said that the incident in Montreal hurt him more than Heidfeld, as he had to pit for a new front wing and was handed a drive-through penalty, while the Renault was unaffected.

"The thing in Canada never cost him anything," Di Resta said. "And then he ran into the back of me and took me out of the race in Germany. He's not apologised, he's not spoken to me, and that disappoints me because it was pretty blatant. I lost more out of it than he did. He was the one that committed the crime."

When asked if he had apologised for previous incidents when he'd been in the wrong, di Resta said he had on a matter of principal.

"You've got to, haven't you? You've got to go up and say that. It's only right you do it, but whether they accept it or not is another thing. But you at least make the effort."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

  • Email
  • Feedback
  • Print
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment