Thursday, July 28, 2011

Nick Heidfeld: “We want to have a good result”

  • Send
  • PDF
News | 28/07/2011
  • Set-up guide - Hungarian Grand Prix27/07/2011

    Set-up guide - Hungarian Grand Prix

  • Bruno Senna Interview27/07/2011

    Bruno Senna Interview

  • Eric Boullier on the Hungarian GP - 26/07/2011

    Eric Boullier on the Hungarian GP -...

<!--

TAGS CLOUD

tmp -->

Nick Heidfeld: Ahead of the first day of action at the 2011 Hungarian Grand Prix in Budapest, Nick Heidfeld tells us why the Hungaroring is one of his favourite circuits.

Are you looking forward to Budapest?
Absolutely, it's one of my favourite circuits. I enjoy driving there and seem to get on well each time I race there so I hope this weekend is no different. I've had two F1 podiums at the Hungaroring before, so I've got good memories from the place. Normally the conditions are pretty hot, but we've just had a quick look at the forecast and actually there is a chance of some rain! I also know that a lot of Polish fans usually attend this race, so it will be a little extra motivation for me driving what was originally Robert's car.

The circuit has few overtaking chances so qualifying could play a pivotal role again…
It could, and I'm sure it will. That said, the DRS should help a bit. It's a very twisty, tight circuit with tarmac that normally gives the cars high grip so it's good fun to drive and I'm looking forward to it.

What kind of result at the Hungaroring would give you satisfaction heading into the August break?
What's most important is that we see ourselves moving in the right direction. Hopefully we will have some new parts, which will help get our pace up. We want to have a good result, especially before the August break because it would do a lot for our morale to go into the second half of the season on a high. But, if for whatever reason it doesn't work out and I still know that we're moving forward and our pace is good, then it wouldn't be the end of the world. But, no two ways about it, we're aiming high - we have to, because this is what we're here for.

Read more about the Hungarian Grand Prix by clicking here



No comments:

Post a Comment