Sunday, July 24, 2011

Red Bull not 'quick enough'

Mark Webber has admitted that Red Bull was not quick enough to win the German Grand Prix this weekend and has called on his team to improve over the rest of the season.

Webber beat team-mate Sebastian Vettel for the first time this season, but the Red Bull was some way short of McLaren and Ferrari over the full race distance. Webber, who led the race twice but lost out in pit stops, conceded that his car simply wasn't on the pace.

"We weren't quick enough today," he said. "I think I did everything I could, I was happy with the way I drove but these guys had that little extra margin especially at the back part of the stint. They had a little bit more range and that left us a little bit exposed on strategy."

But he is confident Red Bull knows what its weaknesses are.

"We know what we've got to improve on," he added. "I couldn't have got much more from what we had today. I'm disappointed, of course, not to get the win, but all three of us had a smooth day really and a good fight around the stops. So mixed emotions, it's another good result and you need to perform at a high level to get these, but we'll keep learning and the progress has been decent but we need to improve."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

  • Email
  • Feedback
  • Print
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment