Monday, July 25, 2011

Rosberg ready for 100th race

Nico Rosberg will start his 100th race when he lines up for the Hungarian Grand Prix this weekend in Budapest.

Having started his career with Williams in 2006, Rosberg is yet to miss a grand prix since and is closing in on his father Keke's total of 114 races. However, in 99 starts so far, Rosberg has only managed one second place and four third places, and he admitted that although the milestone was a nice one he was more focused on achieving success.

"Hungary will be my 100th Grand Prix which seems crazy when my father completed 114 races over his whole career," Rosberg said. "It's a nice number but statistics aren't that important to me. I'm looking forward to the weekend in Budapest as I like the Hungaroring very much, and I'm hoping for a better time than in 2010 when unfortunately I didn't finish the race."

Rosberg also said that he hoped to be able to get more out of his car on Sunday having struggled to find the same performance in the German Grand Prix that he had shown in qualifying.

"We need to work on our race set-up to see what improvements we can make as the car that I had in qualifying in Germany was better than the one that I had in the race. I'm sure we can do it and take another small step forward."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

  • Email
  • Feedback
  • Print
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment