Friday, July 29, 2011

Senna enjoys 'fantastic opportunity'

Bruno Senna said he had a "great session" as he participated in Friday practice for Renault for the first time during FP1 for the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Senna replaced Nick Heidfeld as Renault attempted to give its third driver more experience in the car. A productive morning was the result, as he completed 25 laps and set the 15th fastest time, less than 0.8s slower than team-mate Vitaly Petrov. Senna said that the opportunity had given him good experience, and even felt that he could have gone faster if he wasn't required to save tyres.

"It was a great session for me in the car this morning; I learnt more about the car, and the evolution of it," Senna said. "I would have liked to have run on another set of tyres to get in a quicker lap time but it was still a great experience and very beneficial."

Senna said that it was an occasion that he enjoyed, and he was pleased to be able to get a full session of dry running under his belt.

"Ideally, I would like to have achieved a faster time, but I had a productive time out there. I'm glad the weather held out as it allowed me to take what I wanted from the 90 minutes. It was a fantastic opportunity and I enjoyed every moment, no doubt about it."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

  • Email
  • Feedback
  • Print
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment