Sunday, May 1, 2011

Di Resta enjoying Mercedes interest

Paul di Resta has said he is aware of interest in his performances from Mercedes, but is focussed on delivering for Force India.

Di Resta has made a strong start to his debut season in Formula One, securing points finishes in the opening two grands prix of the year in Australia and Malaysia. That run came to an end when he crossed the line 11th in China but had still qualified eighth, again outperforming his more experienced team-mate Adrian Sutil. With Mercedes' Norbert Haug calling his opening races "exceptional", di Resta said he was happy with the attention.

"Obviously I am close to Mercedes," di Resta told the Daily Telegraph. "They have had a huge influence on my career and I'm very grateful to them. It is great that people are talking but at the same time I have got to keep progressing. Force India have given me a great opportunity and delivered what they said they would. Hopefully I am delivering what they hoped I would deliver for the team."

Di Resta's manager, Anthony Hamilton, said that he felt Mercedes would be considering him for a potential future drive, but that there had been no contact at this early stage of the season.

"I would like to think there is an interest," Hamilton said. "We've not spoken to anyone but for sure Paul is a Mercedes protégé and Norbert has said some very complimentary things about him. I'm just really proud of him. He has made a fantastic start and more importantly he has done it in the right way. He has not over-driven; he has brought the car home every time and delivered points. Certainly he will make a great replacement for someone at a top team."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

  • Email
  • Feedback
  • Print
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment