Friday, May 27, 2011

Briatore not planning comeback

Flavio Briatore has said he does not plan on returning to Formula One at the moment.

Having been banned for his involvement in the Renault Crashgate scandal, Briatore has since spent his time focussing on his involvement with Queens Park Rangers. He was present in Monaco for the practice sessions, and when asked by AS when he might next be seen at a race he admitted he did miss certain aspects of the sport.

"I'm here now, do you not see me?" Briatore joked. "Seriously I miss the relationships with the people, that sort of thing, but I am in constant contact and that's fine. What I don't miss is travelling to China."

Briatore also told the Daily Mail that he does still want to be involved in Formula One due to his links from the past, but said nothing was in the pipeline.

"Formula one is a great sport, and I'd love to be a part of it because I've good friends here," he said. "But at this moment I don't have any plans to come back at all."

He also agreed with the changes at Ferrari which have seen Aldo Costa removed from the role of technical director.

"A single person can not be expected to improve everything, but there was some kind of restructuring needed."

Briatore was also asked for his view on Michael Schumacher's comeback, and said people should respect the decision of the seven-time world champion whether he retires again or not at the end of the season.

"For him it (returning) was a lifestyle choice and we can't criticise that," Briatore said. "This is what he chose and I hope he has fun - sometimes more, sometimes less, but we have to respect it."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

  • Email
  • Feedback
  • Print
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment