Friday, May 27, 2011

Hamilton: 'The car feels amazing'

Lewis Hamilton said he was "enjoying every lap I drive" following Thursday's practice sessions for the Monaco Grand Prix.

Having previously said that Monaco could be the circuit where McLaren can get close to Red Bull in qualifying, Hamilton set the second fastest time just 0.1s behind Fernando Alonso during the afternoon session. He said that it was clearly going to be close at the front, but that he was happy with how the car had been set-up.

"It's fantastic out there," Hamilton said. "I love the track, I love the weather. It's a beautiful place to be. I'm enjoying every lap I drive - and I've got the best view of the whole of Monaco when I'm in the car! I'm very happy to be here - I'm really pleased with the balance of the car and I kept out of trouble, but it's going to be close here."

Hamilton also said that using all of the buttons on the steering wheel had become second nature, but that he may look to get a bit more out of the DRS and KERS during qualifying on Saturday.

"You quickly get used to DRS and KERS Hybrid, but you're only really on it for the pit straight and up the hill; you tend not to use it through the slower sections. Maybe I'll find a few more places to use it for qualifying - but I'll keep that in my pocket! I just love driving the car here - it's the best thing I've ever done! It's so exciting - you can't afford to make mistakes, the car feels amazing when you're jumping from kerb to kerb, and there's no room for error. I want to win this grand prix!"

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

  • Email
  • Feedback
  • Print
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment