Monday, May 30, 2011

Kobayashi homeless in Europe

Life isn't always glamorous for Formula One drivers, as Kamui Kobayashi has said that he no longer has a home in Europe after moving out of his Parisian flat.

The Sauber driver was asked if he might move to Switzerland in order to be closer to his Sauber team's headquarters, at which point Kobayashi admitted he didn't currently have a permanent place to call home and that he was living out of a suitcase.

"That would be nice, but I'm still thinking about where to live," Kobayashi said. "I have no house, no home. I don't know where I should live. I have no base at the moment except for a big suitcase. At the moment I'm going from hotel to hotel. I'm always on the move anyway."

Kobayashi joked that the biggest decision he had to make was which country should receive the large amounts of tax he will be charged on his earnings.

"But now I need to ask myself a question - who do I pay tax to now?!"

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

  • Email
  • Feedback
  • Print
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment