Monday, January 31, 2011

Petrov determined to repay Renault's faith

Vitaly Petrov says he is more determined than ever to repay the faith that Renault has shown in him by delivering strong performances in his second season in Formula One.

Petrov struggled for consistency for much of 2010 leading to widespread rumours that Renault would part company with the Russian for the 2011 season. But a strong finish to the season allied to the team's business interests in Russia helped tip the balance in his favour.

"The team has shown a lot of faith in me and it's my chance to show everybody that they were right to believe in me," said Petrov at the launch of the Lotus Renault R31 in Valencia.

"I know what I need to change, where I can improve and I'm determined to do well and fight hard for this team. I now understand how difficult Formula One is on every level and I know that even a small mistake can have a big impact on your weekend.

"My focus this year is to make sure I put everything together, maximise all the sessions and stay concentrated all weekend long."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

  • Email
  • Feedback
  • Print
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment