Monday, January 17, 2011

Massa gives Pirelli the thumbs up

Felipe Massa hopes that the change to Pirelli tyres will prove vital in restoring his fortunes in Formula One after a poor end to the 2010 season.

Massa insists his main problem was the Bridgestone tyre, and when he tried the Pirellis for the first time last November he was immediately back on the pace. "My first contact was very positive," he said. "I found the car easier to drive with the front tyres having more grip; I could go into the corners in the way I like to drive."

Ferrari team-mate Fernando Alonso said the Pirellis are different to the tyres on which he almost won the drivers' championship last year. "We'll know more at the next test in Valencia, which will be very interesting. My style of driving will definitely have a little change [for 2011]."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

  • Email
  • Feedback
  • Print
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment