Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Button's done a better job

Lewis Hamilton thinks team-mate Jenson Button has done a better job than him at McLaren this year.

Hamilton trails Button by 17 points in the drivers' standings after a difficult season tainted by controversy. Both drivers have two victories to their names, but Button has been more consistent and has only retired due to car problems, whereas Hamilton has crashed out of two races.

After another difficult weekend in Singapore, which saw Hamilton receive a drive-through penalty for a botched overtaking move on Felipe Massa, he told reporters at a demonstration run in Bangalore that he felt Button has had a superior season.

"Jenson's done an incredible job," Reuters quoted him as saying. "I feel he's done a better job all season, really. So even if I did a better job in the next five races it doesn't mean a lot to me. I mean, it's through a whole year."

His clash with Massa in Singapore thrust Hamilton back into the spotlight, which was only strengthened by a confrontation in the TV interview area after the race. But the McLaren driver, who did not speak to the media on Sunday night, said it had not affected him.

"I was able to just ignore it and move on," he said.

As for his plans for the rest of the season, Hamilton added: "I think for me now it's just to find my ground and improve on the results that we've had in the last four races."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

  • Email
  • Feedback
  • Print
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment