Monday, March 7, 2011

Alonso not keen on future as team boss

Fernando Alonso does not see himself taking on a job as a team principal when he retires from racing.

Big name drivers such as Sir Jackie Stewart and Alain Prost have tried their hands at running F1 teams in the past, but Alonso told Marca that he has not entertained the idea himself.

"Today I would say no, because what I like is to drive," he said. "But it will be hard to leave F1 one day because I've been driving all my life. I think I will prefer to spend the weekends having fun in a kart rather than doing some other job."

The two-time world champion said F1 drivers' "greatest sacrifice" is to "dedicate our first 30 or 40 years exclusively" to racing.

He said supporting a talented young driver, or working on race driver education at his own kart track in Asturias, might also be options for his future.

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

  • Email
  • Feedback
  • Print
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment