Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rosberg to demo a DTM car

Nico Rosberg will drive a Mercedes DTM car in a demonstration run at the opening round of the German touring car series this weekend.

It will be Rosberg's first proper outing in a DTM car as he acts as a chauffeur for a number of special guests, giving them a taste of the car and the Hockenheim circuit.

"As a racing driver, it's great to be able to drive different cars and broaden my experience - you always learn something," Rosberg said. "Although it's a tin-top, the AMG Mercedes C-Class is a serious racing machine. I'll be treating it with respect on my first drive but I'm also looking forward to seeing what it can do, and to discovering the differences compared to my Formula One car."

Rosberg is no stranger to the DTM paddock, having taken part in the series' support races as he rose through the ranks of the German single-seater championships earlier in his career.

"I have learned my trade as a racing driver in the DTM environment," Rosberg added. "I contested numerous Formula BMW Junior and Formula 3 races in the DTM support programme and always admired and enjoyed this outstanding series with its unique atmosphere and its fantastic spectators. Nonetheless, I never had the chance of driving a DTM car, to date - apart from the few metres when driving DTM Champion Paul Di Resta to the winners' party in Stuttgart, at the end of the 2010 season."

© ESPN EMEA Ltd.

Feeds Feeds: ESPNF1 Staff

  • Email
  • Feedback
  • Print
Email

No comments:

Post a Comment